- A soon to be Marathoner and Ultramarathoner
- 3K 5K 10K 21K Adidas Adination of Runners Alabang aNR Asics barefoot barefoot running BHS Brooks buddy dailymile diet DM Dream Marathon drills efficient running finishers medal Fort fun run haribon foundation huarache indian run King of the Road KOTR log long slow distance LSD Mall of Asia markdown McKinley midfoot Newton Pikermi pledges QCIM Quezon City International Marathon race rain forest reflection running running log running shoes running tips runnr sale Saucony schedule Skora speed play TBR tempo The Bull Runner tips tobys sports VFF vibram weight loss
- If you run, YOU ARE A RUNNER. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. YOU JUST RUN. - John Bingham
Powered by web analytics software.
- 6,276 hits
- Lunch time #agemono @ Agemono International Buffet Restaurant instagram.com/p/s88-5gK3Ua/ 2 days ago
- Breakfast? #mcdo instagram.com/p/s8XJodK3XH/ 2 days ago
- Men's Health Urbanathlon 2014 runningenthusiast.net/2014/09/14/men… 3 days ago
- Avon Pink WAR Against Breast Cancer runningenthusiast.net/2014/09/13/avo… 4 days ago
- Want some? #chocnut instagram.com/p/s1kHTzq3el/ 5 days ago
RUNNR has lined up huge markdowns of up to 50% off from top running brands like Asics, Adidas, Newton, Brooks, Saucony, Skora and more!
They`re also slashing prices off your favorite tri and running apparel brands such as CW-X, TYR, CEP & Brooks!
PICK A PRIZE:
Upon minimum single-receipt purchase worth P1,000 from the RUNNR Expo booth, entitles one to a pick-a-prize from RUNNR! Don’t miss the chance to win a pair of running shoes from the pick-a-prize! :)
FREE RUNNING CLINIC:
7:00 PM, Saturday I August 16, 2014
3 Success Factors in Running
By Coach Edsel Vengco
U.S. Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
By Coach Jay Valencia
U.S. Certified Running & Multisport Specialist
*Open to the first 40 registrants
SEE YOU THERE!
Nearly 2 weeks ago, I joined a promo of having a self-hosted blogsite. Click HERE for the full story.
Yesterday, I received an email and was granted a year’s free domain!!! :) Though I was expecting it to be a DOT COM, unfortunately RUNNINGENTHUSIAST.COM is already taken but last time I checked that site is for sale. So I settled for DOT NET. Now my site is known to be RUNNINGENTHUSIAST.NET. :)
I’m done with transferring all my articles but again the dilemma is transferring all my blog links and subscriptions. I hope there is an automated way to make it faster and easier.
I would like to thank every one who have supported and believed. Same also goes to WPWebHost. You guys are real! :) Hope to see you still on my new site. The new site still looks and feels the same but this time bigger, better, bolder! Expect new twists and tastes in articles. I’m not just going to write about myself on running, but also anything that is happening around me as a runner, an employee, and day to day activities of a normal guy. As it is a Sports and Lifestyle site. Wishes do come true! RunningEnthusiast.Net was indeed born before the year ended.
I’m a big fan of running events with a cause! I’m joining ING Running20 on December 11, 2010 in the 10K category. Already got my race kit! :) This is the perfect event especially after doing a long run in QCIM. :)
ING is celebrating it’s 20th anniversary here in the Philippines and they have tied up with Habitat for Humanity to build homes in Laguna for informal settlers from Pasig River.
Registration is until December 8, 2010 or until slots have been filled up. Please click HERE for more details.
Let us make this goal a reality!
I already mentioned that part of my wish list is a new pair of running shoes but you can’t run with just your running shoes. You need a top and a pair of shorts for you to be able to run outside. So my #3 wish list is to have a running apparel:
This is in preparation for my TBR Dream Marathon in March 2011. Somehow I need not only to look good on that day but ensure that I have something to wear before, during and after the race. lol! :) No, kidding aside I just need to have a new one for the race. I do have a lot of singlets coming from different events I’ve joined but I think I deserve to have a race-worthy apparel especially that this is my first marathon. :)
I’m sure you were able to read my article about Huaraches and many have raised their eyebrows about them. In fact, it’s one of the most read article to date! Raised eyebrows mean heightened curiosity about minimalist running. :) On a personal level, it left me curious about the benefits of running barefoot and how it will affect/effect a flat-footed runner like me.
I was invited to attend The First Annual Run Barefoot 2010 yesterday, November 30, 2010 at R.O.X. BHS. The speakers were authors of Running Barefoot, Michael Sandler and Jessica Lee. The two are real advocates of barefoot running and they even gave their lectures while barefooted.
There were 3 parts of the discussion (that’s according to my understanding of the session): First, why barefoot running and how they started or was introduced to barefoot running. Second, drills, exercises, and tips to efficiently run barefoot. Third, recovery.
So why barefoot?
As a kid, we learned to walk and run barefooted but as we grow old, we started using shoes and since then the biomechanics of our foot that is equipped to run barefoot has changed. Normally, we strike with the ball of our foot but running in padded shoes alter this natural mechanism and that’s when we shifted to being heel strikers. Heel strikes, as we know, can cause stress injuries such as knee pain/chondromalacia patella.
Here are some benefits of running barefoot:
- Strengthens the muscles of your feet
- Realigns posture
- Develop a more natural gait
- Runners will learn to land on the forefoot
- Improve balance and proprioception
How will it benefit a flat footed runner like me?
Well they shared some exercises/drill to help improve the arch of the foot.
- Claw walk. Do small steps and imagine your toes are claws everytime your toes touches the ground
- Run with small strides and strike on your forefoot. This will strengthen the arch plus simulates forefoot running
- Grab a golf ball using your toes.
Eventually your soles will strengthen and improve the arch of the foot. They also suggest using flats as high-heeled running shoes displaces your center of gravity thus compromising running efficiency.
After the talk, they had us remove our shoes (and socks) and lead us outside of R.O.X. to simulate barefoot running and claw walking. We did a couple of yards there.
At the end of the session we were given treats from Chewy Junior:
Some more pictures:
Thanks Sir Jinoe for the invite.